The Compensation Specialist will be responsible for the operational administration of the compensation program to include job descriptions, data analysis, pay equity and other aspects of the compensation area. Overall goal is to ensure that the compensation and benefit programs provide competitive practices and are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
• Create new and update existing job descriptions and ensure appropriate FLSA classification is assigned and maintain the job description library
• Manage projects such as survey data gathering and participation, analysis to ensure pay equity
• Use published surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates and prepare reports on findings and responsible for handling administrative steps to formalize recommendations
• Position and compensation integration for mergers and acquisitions
• Work closely with various managers within the lines of business to review staffing placements and provide consultative recommendations on staff compensation and pay equity
• Conduct job evaluations and compile market data to provide recommendation on competitive position group and salary range
• Review, conduct pay equity analysis and approve requested salary increases as submitted on a daily basis through the HRIS system
• Responsible in preparing various salary and compensation analysis and reports for management
• Gather data and complete market survey for submission to consultant firm
• Conduct analysis and audit of compensation survey results and make recommendation with compensation structure for potential position changes and annual salary range aging
• Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and educate managers as necessary
• Work closely with Recruitment, HRIS and Payroll to ensure that processes, HRIS and compensation systems are updated to reflect changes to position attributes, salary structure, etc.
• Working closely with manager on the annual performance and salary review communication and process within the Successfactor system
• Keep current of federal, state and location compensation regulations in order to ensure compensation program is in compliance.
• Work closely with the team on retirement plan audits and annual compliance reporting and filings
• Ability to work closely with Benefits and Compensation Manager in learning all aspects of the Benefits and Compensation areas to serve as back up to the Manager role.
• Minimum of three (3) years of related working experience in analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics with a minimum of one (1) year of professional related work experience required.
• Strong analytical skills, balancing big picture perspective with attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities/projects with the ability to adapt to change while meeting deadlines and providing high quality work and service level
• Prior Banking experience and/or within other Human Resources area is a plus
• SHRM Certified Professional or CCP certification highly desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
• High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree highly desired in a related field
• Working experience with compensation systems such as Successfactors a plus
• Ability to interpret data and present in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to work with all levels of staff and managers effectively and professionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• High level of confidentiality and professionalism
• Ability to work with limited supervision and collaborate with others
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and decision making
• Analytical and detail oriented.
• Business Acumen
• Relationship Management
• Critical Evaluation
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.