The individual is responsible for leading Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery initiatives on an enterprise and departmental level, focusing on delivering a robust Business Continuity program. This includes implementing and maintaining the Business Continuity Plan and emergency notification systems to ensure alignment with policy and regulatory requirements, and the development and implementation of reporting across multiple levels in the Bank.
The individual will lead activities necessary to enable the Bank to respond to a business disruption, including managing new and ongoing projects and incidents. The Business Continuity Manager is expected to keep abreast of any changes within FFIEC guidance and industry best practice related to business continuity and disaster recovery, and advise the CISO as to any changes that should be made within the program to ensure compliance. Additionally, this position will assist the CISO, CTO and Director of Operations to integrate good BC/DR practices throughout the organization (including IT Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Physical Security and Vendor Management).
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCM) or other BC/DR certification required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery experience required (preferably in Financial Institutions).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe products required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of staff
• Strong analytical skills required
• Ability to travel 10-20% (may include overnight trips)
• Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
• Critical Thinking
• Compliance and Regulatory Focus
• Decision Making
• Ability to Work Independently
• Communication Skills
• Effective leadership
• Professionalism and Confidence
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
• Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.