The Special Assets Officer is responsible for the review and maintenance of the loan portfolio to ensure its overall high quality. He or she formulates and implements problem loan resolution strategies, including the management of litigation, liquidation, and foreclosure of collateral, and the maintenance and sale of OREO.
• Consults with loan officers to rework problem loans in efforts to avoid workout
• Identify and closely monitor defaults in the Bank’s portfolio that require complex servicing
• Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations that relate to areas of responsibility
• Formulates and implements strategies to effectively resolve problem loans;
• Manages litigation, liquidation and foreclosure of collateral and the maintenance and sale of OREO;
• Initiate calls, assess nature of default and identify potential resolutions with customer, document all collection activity on internal collection system
• Identify, create and track demand letters to customers
• Coordinates and monitors repossession of collateral
• Conduct loan accounting analysis on accounts as necessary
• Meet with appropriate parties, monitor financial performance, establish action plans to address problem issues, monitor collateral value and condition and provide ongoing diligence to mitigate loss exposure to the Bank.
• Manage bankruptcy and foreclosure processes to regain assets
• Maintain accurate and detail records of all transactions, customer records and resolution to each situation
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
• Minimum of three (3) years of prior working experience in special assets and commercial lending required
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of consumer collections, recovery resources, practices and procedures
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to operate with degree of autonomy in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required. Laser Pro experience helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to tactfully and professionally demonstrate effective problem resolution
Problem Resolution focused
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
• Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.