The Support Services Manager provides technical support, direction, supervision and leadership to members of the IT support group (e.g. Help Desk and/or Field Support Teams). The core functions of this position include strategic and tactical planning, data analysis and reporting, standards development and reporting, policy development and enforcement, staff development and technical assistance for end-user devices and associated resources with an emphasis on customer service functions.
• Manage operations of Help Desk and/or Field Support Teams; plans, coordinates, supervises, reviews, and evaluates work of professional and technical support staff;
• Establish performance standards and monitor regularly scheduled reporting to ensure effective team operations.
• Conduct annual employee performance evaluations and define staff development plans
• Develop effective staff performance metrics used to monitor changes in required staffing levels.
• Coordinate scheduling for weekend, after-hours and/or special projects coverage, as required.
• Perform interviews and/or assist with interviews for team positions.
• Maintain the IT support staff training process and update as needed.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for effective and efficient management of team and customer service needs.
• Stay abreast of industry trends regarding IT support services practices and make recommendations for new policies, procedures, or tools.
• Monitor end user requests to identify systemic patterns, which may require adjustment to policies and procedures.
• Monitor changes in end user requirements and negotiate changes to service level agreements as needed.
• Ensure all outstanding/overdue tasks are completed in a timely manner and issues/oversights are being fully corrected by staff.
• Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to elevated queries and complaints.
• Establish team meeting agenda and lead team meetings.
• Manage administration process and upgrades to team software applications.
• Support effective management of change through communication with team members and customers.
• Plan, develop, and control moderate to large project/product budgets.
• Understand and assist with Disaster Recovery Preparedness procedures.
• Interact with Auditors/Examiners following established procedures.
• Work with third party vendors to schedule equipment upgrades and repairs.
• Working knowledge of responsible business/operational area.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills, team leader/player, task management skills, project coordination/planning.
• Have the ability to react quickly to issues and develop both short and long-term solutions.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and pay close attention to details.
• BS in Business Administration/Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT support services administration and personnel supervision.
• Applicable industry certifications listed below are a plus:
o ITIL (Foundations, Expert, Master)
o HDI Support Center Management
o HDI Support Center Team Lead
• IT Support Services experience in a Call Center Setting is preferred.
• Ability to sit, stand, kneel, and bend for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
• Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region’s premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.