The Product Specialist is responsible for the support of selected products and/or services, including the assistance of customers and service partners for routine and, on occasion, complex business needs. S/He sometimes facilitates or administers projects within the assigned product or service area or contributes on behalf of that product or service in larger projects. S/He may design and/or produce reports needed to measure and monitor the efficiency, accuracy, volume, profitability, security, risk and/or timeliness of assigned businesses and analyze same for variances that warrant management attention. The incumbent will draft and/or update procedures used within assigned departments and gather information needed to document compliance with policies and procedures for audit or bank examinations.
• Provides support to service partners and customers related to the delivery and administration of assigned products. Support includes, but is not limited to, researching and resolving problems, performing maintenance functions, assisting with product-related questions on capabilities and options, and recommendations to improve the accuracy and/or efficiency of products/services.
• Produces assigned reports in a timely and accurate fashion. Identifies and recommends improvements in the accuracy and efficiency of the reporting process. Analyzes report output to identify variances that warrant management attention and reports same.
• Provides project administration support on designated system changes/upgrades; contributes as a team member on larger projects; assists in the testing and implementation of system and procedural changes, especially with respect to the documentation of said changes and test results.
• Assists management in maintaining complete and accurate records needed to document production and demonstrate compliance with audit and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews user materials for assigned products, including manuals, training programs, and release notes, to advise Operations management when changes may be needed to United Bank processes, procedures, communications, etc.
• Opens problem tickets with vendors and/or interacts with their technical support team on issues that cannot be resolved by United Bank in a timely fashion or for which more detailed guidance is needed before initiating any corrective action. For products and services not supported by a vendor, liaises with relevant resources to identify and implement a solution.
• Minimum of two or more years of experience with assigned product(s) in a Product Analyst or Operations Specialist role. A college degree in Business, MIS, or a related field and one year of applicable experience may be accepted.
• Demonstrated understanding of workflows and system requirements to the degree necessary to write procedures, generate reports, and/or provide support to customers and service partners.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
• Close attention to detail and an aptitude for assembling data from multiple sources into useful management information; the ability to recognize and analyze a disparity in data and report it to management.
• Communication skills sufficient to create and/or interpret operating procedures; ability to communicate professionally with vendors, service partners and customers on product-related issues and training topics.
• Ability to effectively interact with production staff and Operations management using both written and verbal communication.
• Collaboration – working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
• Communication – expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations; adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge – achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
• Analysis – securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
• Learning and Growth – accumulating and integrating technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas to improve personal and departmental performance.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data