Provide administrative and business development operational support within a CRE Lending department of the Bank. Work closely with assigned members of the team and have accountability related to the overall life cycle of loans in assigned portfolio.
• Contribute to the Team’s overall meeting and/or exceeding the assigned volume/production goals
• Identify and recommend changes and enhancements to the Bank’s lending policies, practices, and procedures, to best serve client and bank needs
• Responsible for full cycle of loan requests process. Provide financial and market analysis, obtain data to prepare proposals for new business and to expand existing lending business.
• Conducts evaluation and underwriting of loan requests. proposals terms sheets.
• - Requests all required third party appraisals required and obtain due diligence reports while ensuring that all comply with bank policy and regulations.
• Identify areas of concerns pertaining to a loan and discuss with Lender or Relationship Manager
• Act as primary liaison with the Credit Department on loans submitted, prepare LLR’s and facilitate approval of the loan.
• Act as primary contact for the coordination of information between client and internal departments for in the loan approval, closing and booking process.
• Close loans in accordance with approval and negotiate closing with client.
• Oversee renewals, document ticklers and covenant tracking of loans.
• Monitor loan documentation exception reports and follow-up to clear up document exceptions in a timely manner.
• Works closely with Relationship Manager to manage maturing loans.
• Troubleshoot, report and manage activity on delinquent accounts at the various intervals
• Generate and provide requested reports as necessary on Team’s loan portfolio
• Participate in team sales call and attend external events and activities in a business development role as required.
• Oversee activity of and make appropriate assignments to CRE Admin staff and Jr. Portfolio managers, if any
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3-7 years of experience working in a Banking environment with emphasis on credit and commercial real estate required.
• Prior experience with loan underwriting required
• Formal credit training and applying training is required.
• Ability to analyze financial, project and property operating statements, corporate and personal tax returns.
• Understanding of commercial real estate loan structuring processes and regulations associated with commercial real estate lending
• Strong understanding of commercial real estate loan documentation.
• Knowledge of United’s services, products, policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and sales skills;
• Ability to demonstrate being a self-starter, well-organized, detail-oriented
• Strong team and personal work ethic.
• Ability to work well independently and in a fast paced environment
• Travel within the local market may be necessary
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Solid understanding of commercial real estate appraisal theory and techniques.
Essential Functions: (Identify physical functions required to perform position, see examples below)
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.